Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to The Early Adopter. Like many others, I enjoy gadgets, games, and technology in general, I hope to make this a living log of my exploits and thoughts on the latest and greatest I can get my hands on. I'm not Engadget, Gizmodo, or Kotaku, but I do feel that I represent the general demographic of those sites. The mid-thirties father and husband that still enjoys his tech and games.

A little bit about myself; I'm a 35 year old, father of two and husband to a loving thoughtful wife, who often silently but supportingly is subject to various packages showing up at the door that contain some newfangled do-hicky or the other, thanks babe. I grew up on the Atari 2600 and it's blocky Pac-Man, and there my love of video-games and such was born. I fancy myself a gamer, both PC and Console who fights to find time to enjoy his Skyrim, or Uncharted 3, or just messing around with my DSLR. I'm the geek that gets the iPad first, the guy who my friends ask about the newest gadget, or game system, the guy who shows em how to stream movies to that new TV.

I've fought my way to preview events, endured the agonizing wait for release day, the lines, the shipping delays, all in the name of getting first crack at the newest thing to wow me. I hope to share my stories and thoughts on all that is new and awesome, and hope to hear from you guys as well. So take some time, we can swap stories.

1 comment: